32. Furumoto A, Ohkusa Y, Chen M, et al. Additive effect of
pneumococcal vaccine and influenza vaccine on acute
exacerbation in patients with chronic lung disease. Vaccine
33. Sumitani M, Tochino Y, Kamimori T, et al. Additive inoculation of influenza vaccine and 23-valent pneumococcal
polysaccharide vaccine to prevent lower respiratory tract
infections in chronic respiratory disease patients. Intern
34. Babb TG, Viggiano R, Hurley B, et al. Effect of mild-to-moderate airflow limitation on exercise capacity. J Appl
35. Casaburi R, ZuWallack R. Pulmonary rehabilitation for
management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. N
Engl J Med 2009;360:1329–35.
36. Spruit MA, Singh SJ, Garvey C, et al on behalf of the ATS/
ERS Task Force on Pulmonary Rehabilitation. An official
American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society Statement: key concepts and advances in pulmonary
rehabilitation. Executive Summary. Am J Respir Crit Care
37. Ries AL, Bauldoff GS, Carlin BW, et al. Pulmonary rehabilitation: Joint ACCP/AACVPR evidence-based clinical
practice guidelines. Chest 2007;131( 5 Suppl):4S–42S.
38. Langer D, Hendriks E, Burtin C, et al. A clinical practice guideline for physiotherapists treating patients with
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease based on a systematic review of available evidence. Clin Rehabil 2009;23:
39. Vogiatzis I, Nanas S, Roussos C. Interval training as an
alternative modality to continuous exercise in patients with
COPD. Eur Respir J 2002;20: 12–9.
40. Costi S, Di Bari M, Pillastrini P, et al. Short-term efficacy of upper-extremity exercise training in patients with
chronic airway obstruction: a systematic review. Phys Ther
41. Lacasse Y, Goldstein R, Lasserson TJ, Martin S. Pulmonary rehabilitation for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006( 4):CD003793.
42. Beauchamp MK, Janaudis-Ferreira T, Goldstein RS, Brooks
D. Optimal duration of pulmonary rehabilitation for individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - a systematic review. Chron Respir Dis 2011;8:129–40.
43. Vogiatzis I, Terzis G, Stratakos G, et al. Effect of pulmonary rehabilitation on peripheral muscle fiber remodeling
in patients with COPD in GOLD stages II to IV. Chest
44. Puhan MA, Gimeno-Santos E, Scharplatz M, et al. Pulmonary rehabilitation following exacerbations of chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database Syst
Rev 2011( 10):CD005305.
45. Long term domiciliary oxygen therapy in chronic hypoxic
cor pulmonale complicating chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Report of the Medical Research Council Working
Party. Lancet 1981;1:681–6.
46. Continuous or nocturnal oxygen therapy in hypoxemic
chronic obstructive lung disease: a clinical trial. Nocturnal Oxygen Therapy Trial Group. Ann Intern Med
47. Dubois P, Jamart J, Machiels J, et al. Prognosis of severely
hypoxemic patients receiving long-term oxygen therapy.
48. Gorecka D, Gorzelak K, Sliwinski P, et al. Effect of long-term oxygen therapy on survival in patients with chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease with moderate hypoxae-mia. Thorax 1997;52:674–9.
49. Haidl P, Clement C, Wiese C, et al. Long-term oxygen therapy stops the natural decline of endurance in
COPD patients with reversible hypercapnia. Respiration
50. Drummond MB, Blackford AL, Benditt JO, et al. Continuous oxygen use in nonhypoxemic emphysema patients
identifies a high-risk subset of patients: retrospective analysis of the National Emphysema Treatment Trial. Chest
51. Stoller JK, Panos RJ, Krachman S, et al. Oxygen therapy
for patients with COPD: current evidence and the long-term oxygen treatment trial. Chest 2010;138:179–87.
52. Fletcher EC, Luckett RA, Goodnight-White S, et al. A double-blind trial of nocturnal supplemental oxygen for sleep
desaturation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary
disease and a daytime PaO2 above 60 mm Hg. Am Rev
Respir Dis 1992;145:1070– 6.
53. Eaton T, Garrett JE, Young P, et al. Ambulatory oxygen
improves quality of life of COPD patients: a randomised
controlled study. Eur Respir J 2002;20:306–12.
54. Nonoyama ML, Brooks D, Guyatt GH, Goldstein RS. Effect
of oxygen on health quality of life in patients with chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease with transient exertional
hypoxemia. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2007;176:343–9.
55. Qaseem A, Wilt TJ, Weinberger SE, et al. Diagnosis and
management of stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a clinical practice guideline update from the American College of Physicians, American College of Chest
Physi-cians, American Thoracic Society, and European
Respiratory Society. Ann Intern Med 2011;155:179–91.
56. Managing passengers with respiratory disease planning
air travel: British Thoracic Society recommendations. Thorax 2002;57:289–304.
57. Vohra KP, Klocke RA. Detection and correction of hypoxemia associated with air travel. Am Rev Respir Dis